As promised, I’m sharing my baby registry with you on the blog today.
While sharing all of the items I registered for, I’m also going to let you know what items I’m grateful for and what items I think are just frivolous or unnecessary as well.
While I was creating my registry, I feel like I scoured the internet, mom blogs, and even friends’ baby registries to make sure I was registering for everything I might need. It’s so hard to feel like you have remembered everything, or if there’s something you don’t know about. This is going to be a long post, but I hope it will help a soon-to-be Mom who was feeling like how I was!
To start, I used Babylist to store my registry items. I wanted to be thoughtful about where I registered at for a few reasons:
1) because of my friends and families’ locations geographically. I had three showers, two in Colorado and one in Michigan.
2) there were baby items that I wanted from Etsy, small businesses, and other websites where they don’t necessarily offer a “baby registry”. I could register for items from anywhere as long as I had a URL link to go with it.
3) Babies R Us was the nearest “baby” store to my friends/family in Michigan, and as everyone knows–they went bankrupt and closed all of their stores. BuyBuy Baby was the closest option, but was still about an hour away. I just wanted to try and be convenient for everyone who was kind enough to buy us a gift.
The one thing I will say negative about our registry: While Babylist was the best option for us, it was also a little confusing to use for family or friends who may not be “tech” savvy. You have to find your registry from the website, reserve a gift, then buy the gift. We had the issue of some people not “reserving” a specific item which led to multiple items of the same gift. Or, some people thought they bought the gift just by reserving, when actually the sale didn’t go through completely. It was a small problem, but had us going to the store to make returns.
Overall, Babylist is the best option if you want to register for items across the board. I had items from Target, Etsy, Amazon, and multiple small businesses. The other thing I liked about Babylist, is that it shows you the cheapest place to buy a product.
– We haven’t taken this out of the box yet, just because Griff isn’t old enough to use it. I registered for this activity walker though because it was affordable, and I’m all about items that he can use for a long period of time. This converts from a walker that he can sit in to a walker that he can actually push himself. We live in an apartment, so the last thing I wanted was for our place to look like a daycare with a million baby items that are huge and unable to break down or easily hide away in a closet or under a bed. I wanted to register for the least amount of items while getting the biggest bang for our buck, if that makes sense.
– We decided that instead of getting a bassinet and a Pack n’ Play, we wanted to find something that could be both. This Pack n’ Play allows you to lift the bottom up to be a bedside bassinet. We keep this in our room for him to sleep in. The cuddle cove and vibrating baby seat can detach from the pack n’ play. To be honest, we don’t really use these features as much because we have the Rock n’ Play. What we do like about this though is that it has storage underneath. I put diapers, wipes and extra sleepers inside here. Once Griff gets older, we’ll still be able to use the Pack n’ Play and travel with it as well.
– Again, Griff isn’t old enough to use this activity center yet so I we haven’t been able to see it in action yet. I registered for this because 1) it was really affordable, 2) it had great reviews for travel (we go back in forth between Michigan, Colorado, Texas and different vacation spots often). We also take a trip to Florida every year, and I thought this would be perfect to bring on the beach because it has the built in visor, or to take outside. 3) This is easy to break down.
– I shared this already in my last post on Amazon baby finds, so I’m sharing again. This swing has been a favorite of ours. Griff loves to sit in it, it swings in three different directions, vibrates, plays music, and has a built in mobile. In our opinion, this swing was worth every penny.
-REGISTER FOR THIS ITEM. I REPEAT. REGISTER! I can’t say enough positive things about this Rock n’ Play. I was skeptical at first and questioned if I needed both a swing and a Rock n’ Play. The answer is YES. We registered for the premium (worth every penny) because it comes with a visor that has little toys for Griff to look at, it rocks on it’s own, vibrates, plays music, and includes it’s own little light show as well. It’s extremely portable (unlike the swing) and I take this in with me while i’m showering so I can clean off all the spit up and watch him at the same time, haha. I also like that it keeps him high and off the ground. We even keep this by our bedside at night for feedings. He loves it, so we love it. You can also sync up this sleeper with your iPhone and control it from there.
-We travel a lot, at least once a month. I wanted to have something that was easily accessible and that we could bring through security at the airport with no issues. This gift set includes Johnson’s Head to Toe Wash & Shampoo, Johnson’s Bedtime Lotion, Johnson’s Hand & Face Wipes, Desitin Rash Relief Ointment and a cute little travel clutch. We got a few of these, so I just throw one of them in the bag and go without thinking about it. All of the items are FSA compliant as well.
– I just thought these were so cute. These bath letters and numbers stick to the tub walls when wet and are non-toxic. Plus they’re only $5.
– This gift set comes with lavender bath wash, lotion, and shampoo. We stick to a routine and use this with Griff at night and we feel like it really helps him get out the rest of any energy he may have and calm down for the night.
– I love anything and everything Burt’s Bees, and I love all of their baby products as well. These washcloths are soft on Griff’s skin and great quality.
– We haven’t used this yet, but I just think anything with whales or sea animals are just so dang cute.
– My husband Johnny is a big fisherman, so we thought this little fishing pole bath toy would help to teach him how to fish with Daddy. 🙂
– I want Griff to love bath time as much as I do, but he hates being cold like his Mom does, haha. Once we get this robe over his head though, he’s a happy baby. Organic and great quality.
– I personally use Aveeno products, so I loved when I saw that this gift set was for both baby and Mom. 🙂 This comes with baby wash, shampoo, lotion and a creamy relief wash for dry skin (which has been so nice for how dry it is in Colorado). It also comes with two different lotions for Mom too. It also comes with a cute canvas bag.
– I mentioned this in my last blog post as well, but this is an affordable bath support from Amazon that gets the job done. Griff will definitely be able to use this in the months to come until he can sit up on his own. Comes in two colors, blue and grey.
Crib + Bedding
– I chose this convertible crib because I loved all of the storage, and the changing table. It has three drawers underneath the changing table, and a huge drawer underneath the bed as well. The thought is that he’ll be able to have a “big boy” bed by the time a baby brother or sister (lol, that seems so crazy to think about right now) arrives. The dark brown color matches the rest of our furniture as well. It was fairly easy to put together, too.
– I searched and searched for the perfect bedding. I found these crib sheets from Caden Lane and fell in love. We decided to do a nature and woodland animal theme for the nursery, so these were perfect. They are such great quality and I love that they’re made in the USA.
Little Unicorn Cotton Muslin Bandana Drool Bib
I loved these bandana bibs because the designs were so pretty, and the material is so soft. They’re a little too big for Griff just yet, but I can’t wait for him to wear them in a month or two. I got the Santa Fe and Bison designs.
I thought these bibs had really cool designs and they match most of his clothes he already has. They’re also extremely soft and he can wear them now. Griff is a pretty spitty baby, so we get a lot of use out of these!
Literally Any and Every Brand You Can Find
LOL. We use burp cloths like its nobody’s business. Like I said before, this baby SPITS up A LOT. We have tons of them, but ones that we really like are the Burt’s Bees brand. But seriously, get as many spit rags as you can. You’re going to have them in every room of the house.
Car & Transportation Accessories
-We registered for two packs of these (they come in a two pack). Our car seat has a cover that we use for now, but eventually we will use these car shades to keep the sun out of Griff’s eyes.
– We have this mirror to keep an eye on Griff since he’s in a rear-facing car seat. Love seeing his sweet face!
-Register for diapers! Griff moved up from newborn to 1’s recently, and we were blessed with enough diapers/wipes from friends and family members that we haven’t had to purchase any on our own yet. It’s so helpful, because you really never realize how many diapers they go through until it’s happening. It’s a great time to test out diapers and find your favorite brands as well.
-I thought I would use this way more than I have, but it’s definitely convenient when you’re in a pinch. I just leave this portable changing pad in the back of my car, and then if we are out and about and a diaper change is absolutely necessary, then we are good to go. I feel like it’s one of those items that I won’t use much, but I’m thankful I have it when I need it.
– Our crib has a changing station and came with a changing pad that I didn’t really like, so I use this one instead. It’s a great purchase and would look so cute sitting on top of a dresser with a cute cover over top of it.
– I found this on Etsy and fell in love. It matches with the rest of the decor in Griff’s nursery, and fits perfectly on the changing pad above.
Health & Safety
Griff LOVES having his hair brushed, so I love this wooden brush because it’s nice and soft on his head. The hospital will give you a brush and comb as well, and we use that too, but I feel like this is a special treat for him. 🙂
This stuff is crack. Griff has real dry skin, especially on his face, but this stuff helps SO much. I put it on his face at night and really everywhere else, and it leaves his skin feeling so soft. I also put it on my dry lips too.
– I registered for a thermometer, didn’t get one, and ended up being happy that I didn’t. The hospital will give you a thermometer, so unless you feel like you need a certain one then I wouldn’t put one on your registry.
– I may be one of the only people that says this, but I don’t get the big freaking deal with these NoseFriedas. So, you basically suck the snot out of your baby’s nose with this instrument (I know it sounds gross, but the snot will never hit your mouth). First off, you get the blue little snot sucker from the hospital and in my opinion it works just as well (if not better?). Second, they’re extremely overpriced to me ($15!). If you want my two cents, don’t get one. I feel like they’re just a baby fad of the moment.
– These are one of those items that you should have probably had before baby came along. I found this one off Amazon for a pretty reasonable price and I’m sure if there ever were a scary situation, we would be thankful to have this.
Feeding & Nursing
– I mentioned this in my last post as well, but I have loved the Medela breast pump. I asked a lot of friends and family their opinion on the best pump, and this is the one that everyone recommended. They’re pretty expensive, so if you can get one through insurance you should. I used Aeroflow to get mine, and it was delivered straight to my door.
– Griff is a pretty great eater, and I know not all babies are like this. We didn’t struggle with breastfeeding or pacifiers. We use Playtex Nurser baby bottles, and it’s not because we did a lot of research, but my Mom just recommended them because they were what she used. Griff has had no issue with these bottles and they have been good to us. These bottles seem easy to us because the entire bottle doesn’t need to be washed because of the drop-in liners. You can just throw them away and wash the nipples.
– I love our Boppy nursing pillow! We have two of them and keep one in our room and one in the living room. I not only use it to nurse, but to let him Griff sit and lounge in as well.
– I found really cute covers for our Boppy at Caden Lane, the same place we got our crib sheets.
– We registered for this high chair because of all the options it comes with. It’s a high chair, but can also turn into a booster seat. Eventually two kids could use this high chair in different capacities at the same time.
The next few items we obviously haven’t been able to use yet because Griff is still breastfeeding, but here are the links below:
KIDDO FEEDO Multiple Use Tray for Freezing Baby Food (I eventually want to try to make our own baby food!)
For the Parents
I’ve shared my love for my Solly Baby Wrap in a few instagram posts, but I seriously love this thing. Griff falls asleep every time I have him in it and it helps me get more things done around the house or when I’m out and about. They come in a ton of different colors and you can use the wrap for months to come.
Johnny refuses to wrap Griff in the baby wrap with him (haha) so we got him his own baby carrier. We liked this one because it was affordable and knew he wouldn’t be in it/use it too much.
I also shared this in my last post, but this lanolin cream is so necessary when you begin to breastfeed. I’m not going to lie, it hurts a lot at the start, but this lanolin cream helps so much. You’ll get a couple small tubes from the hospital, but I recommend buying or registering for a big tube to have at home.
Gosh I feel like there is so much more to share, but this post is already so long 😂. I promise to keep sharing our favorite (and not so favorite) baby products as we find them. Thanks for reading!