Happy Monday, friends!
Today is Johnny and I’s 2 year wedding anniversary. It’s crazy to think that time has flown by so fast. So much life has happened in such a short timeframe. We’ve started businesses, changed jobs, moved, adopted a puppy and now we’re going to have a baby.
We definitely know that we are in no way “pros” at being married. Thank God for grace, right? But, we have definitely learned a few things along the way about marriage, family, each other, and even ourselves as separate units. Being locked in holy matrimony can show you your strengths and weaknesses separately and as a couple.
Here’s a few things we’ve learned thus far:
- We aren’t perfect, but we are perfectly made for each other.
- We still love The O.C. just as much as we did when we started binge-watching 2 years ago.
- The two biggest causes of fights is lack of communication and undefined expectations.
- Johnny will always be dressed and ready to go for any event before me, no matter what. This includes, but not limited to, parties, church, and family functions.
- Pregnancy shows your absolute worst (on both sides), and we feel if we can make it through the next 3 months, we can literally conquer anything.
6. Patience is something that is talked about a lot, but we can’t emphasize enough how important it is. As much as we are alike, we’re different, and it requires a lot of patience to work through differences.
7. Never get rid of date nights. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and easily lost in the mundane. Always try to make each other feel special.
8. You also hear a lot, “never go to bed angry” and that could not be more true. Even if we’re up all night, we fight through a problem so it doesn’t fester throughout the rest of the day/week.
9. Get a puppy. Rosie has been one of our greatest joys since being married. We love taking her on walks and caring for her together. We sometimes can’t even remember what life was like before her. Plus, she’s super cute.
10. Marriage is hard, and you’ll be thrown a lot of curveballs that you didn’t think you’d have to deal with after you say I do, but it’s worth the fight to make it work every day. There’s is literally nothing better than living and loving life with your best friend.
Have a great Monday!!