introduction and welcome
Hello! Welcome to my brand new blog. This is something that I’ve always wanted to do but either felt like i didn’t have the time or was too afraid of what others might think. I finally put “do the blog” on my to-do list for 2018, and I’m excited to share life with you. I hope that this can be a place to share my love of fashion (at a good price!), food recipes that I love, beauty tips/tricks, and anything else that I find interest in.
I felt like my first post should be a “get-to-know-me”, and hopefully I can get to know my followers a little more too! Here we go!
- Aleesha Dawn Thomas
3 Things I Love
- Oh so easy. Cheetah print, Pinterest and pizza. Always.
My Best Friend
- My husband! Johnny and I were married on October 1, 2016. He’s the greatest, and I often refer to him as “Dreamy”. So, now you know. 🙂
Why I Started a Blog
- I love clothes, food and fashion. I love following other bloggers and felt like it was something I could do too! Also, I started a small business called Fashioned for Joy in June of 2017. I sold custom calligraphy wall decor and other vintage items at local markets all summer long. I wanted to build off the business by combining it with a blog. My big dream is to eventually own my own boutique.
Where Are You From
- So, I may live in Colorado, but it will never truly be home. I’m originally from a little town called Gaines, Michigan. My whole family still lives there, so Johnny and I try to make it back as much as possible. There’s really nothing like a Michigan summer. 🙂
Why I Moved to Colorado
- I got a job working for a non-profit that is really close to my heart called Young Life. I’ve been here for a little over three years now and I love it! I also met my husband here–so he definitely kept me around. 🙂 If you’re a Young Lifer too, I’d love to hear your experience!
- Christmas. I judge people who don’t answer Christmas to this question.
What I Like to do in My Spare Time
- I love to eat. Really. But, besides that my husband and I love to travel. We’re already thinking of the next trip before we finish the one we’re currently on. I love to go shopping and finding great deals. I also love to cook and find new recipes to try. I also freelance write for a popular wedding magazine. You can find some of my published articles here and here.
Where I Shop
- A few favorites: Loft, Old Navy, J. Crew, SheIn, T.J. Maxx, Target, Amazon, Anthropologie and local boutiques.
Something That’s Important to Me
- I am a Christian. My faith means so much to me. I hope to share more of that with you through this blog.
Last Spotify Playlist I Listened To
- This is going to sound silly, but my husband and I have a weird obsession with The O.C. (yes, the show from a million years ago…we love it!) So, the last Spotify playlist I’ve listened to was The O.C. soundtrack, season 2. Also–we just started watching the whole thing again, so be prepared to see some throwbacks on Instagram!
- It really depends on my mood. Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorite chick-flicks! Reese Witherspoon is goals. But to be real, my husband and I binge so. much. Netflix. I love any and all crime related documentaries. If you have any suggestions, send them my way!
Where Did I Go To School
- University of Michigan–Flint. GO BLUE!
Do I Like Sports?
My Favorite Bloggers
- I have a few favorites: Loverly Grey, Lauren Kay Sims, Olivia Rink, Leah Behr, Brighton Keller, Steph Pollock and Shealeigh Mills.
Thanks for checking out my first post! Follow me on Instagram or check back here for more posts!
Vest: Patagonia Los Gatos Vest
Top: Women’s Softest Long Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt – Target
Jeans: Mid-Rise Super Skinny Rockstar Jeans – Old Navy
Necklace: Pearlized Tassle Pendant Necklace – Loft
Bracelets: Various – Alex and Ani